Drug Charges Can Greatly Impact Your Life
California’s drug laws carry heavy penalties that can wreck the life you have built for yourself and your family. Drug convictions can:
- Stay on your permanent criminal record
- Prevent you from renting a house or an apartment
- Keep you from being hired for a job you want
- Stop you from qualifying for college acceptance or valuable scholarships
Attorney Philip A. Schnayerson is a certified criminal law specialist who understands state and federal drug laws. He can guide you through the justice system and fight for your rights.
Help For All Types Of Drug-Related Crimes
Many federal and state laws are related to the use, manufacture or sale of drugs. Our lawyer knows the state and federal courts in California well. We regularly defend clients who have been charged with:
- Driving under the influence of drugs (DUID)
- Vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated
- Possession of drugs such as methamphetamine and heroin
- Possession with intent to sell various types of drugs
- Illegal possession of prescription drugs, such as Xanax and Ambien
- Selling drugs to minors or hiring minors under the age of 21 to sell or distribute drugs
- Possession of more than 28 grams of marijuana or illegal cultivation of marijuana plants
Defense Against Drug Trafficking Charges
Drug trafficking is a situation in which quantities of controlled substances (in excess of what would be considered for personal use) are transported across state lines or across national borders. Controlled substances include any illegal drug or narcotic or any legally prescribed medication. While these cases can be charged in state or federal court, it is important to note that the consequences for a conviction on drug trafficking are severe. If convicted, you may be facing years in jail and thousands, if not millions, of dollars in monetary fines. The severity of the consequences depends on what type of drug was trafficked and the amount of the drug in question.
How Can We Help If You Face Drug Charges?
If you are convicted of a drug crime, you could face years in prison, probation, mandatory drug rehabilitation courses and huge fines. Mr. Schnayerson has over 30 years of criminal law experience to find flaws in the state’s case against you and challenge any mistakes made by the police. He is also a skilled negotiator who can help limit the length of your sentence or the impact of other penalties.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Our attorney works with clients from across the Bay Area from our offices in Hayward. Call Philip A. Schnayerson, Criminal Defense Attorney, at 510-887-7445 for a free consultation. You may also contact us through our online form.